Corporate Social Responsibility
The Hub Power Company Limited (HUBCO) since inception strongly believed in the integration of corporate social responsibility into its business, and has consistently worked for the uplift of communities that are influenced directly or indirectly by our business. The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme of Hubco is based on the principles of transparency, accountability, integrity and sustainability.
Community and stakeholder needs are carefully assessed and strategic support is extended in line with the Company’s Policies, Code of Business Ethics and business objectives.
Traditionally Hubco’s CSR programme has focused on education, healthcare, environment and the welfare of the less privileged in society. The initiatives undertaken seek to ensure that there is clear value addition and that the real impact is made at the grassroots level.
The CSR programme of Hubco is enacted in partnership with qualified, well-respected and reputable NGOs and other organizations, with an impeccable track record. Over the years the partners have been organizations that are widely recognized for their sterling work in their respective fields.
Some leading partners for Hubco’s CSR Initiatives
Layton Rahmatulla Benevolent Trust (LRBT)
Al-Ibrahim Eye Hospital
School of Leadership
Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University (SBKWU), Quetta
The Citizens Foundation (TCF)
The Kidney Centre
CSR initiatives in the field of education:
Hub Power Plant Area:
- Continuing support in terms of a fully funded TCF School in Hub, arranging free transportation to the students, in addition providing them free school bags and uniforms. Approximately 450 students from Hub & Gadani areas are studying in this school.
- Also support local Government schools in the district of Lasbella by providing free school bags, books and furniture, and where necessary, Hubco carried out repair and maintenance works in these schools.
- 50 female students belonging to Balochistan province are awarded scholarships, with full funding for studies and residence at the Sardar Bahadur Khan Women University (SBKWU) Quetta, when required.
- This year Hubco sponsored 20 student-participants from Balochistan province for the Young Leaders Conference 2011 held in Karachi. The sponsorship covered participation fee, return travel fare, accommodation and meals.
- HUBCO-IPGD TCF School Matric Result 2011 – The success rate of Matric result is 100% of which 26% students achieved Grade “A”.
Narowal Project Area:
- Under the Narowal project umbrella, Hubco support six local Government primary and secondary schools in nearby villages, by providing free school bags, elementary charts and furniture, as well as through carrying out maintenance, repairs and painting where needed in these schools.
CSR initiatives in the field of healthcare:
Hub Power Plant Area:
- Hubco is providing an annual donation to LRBT Quetta of Rs. 1 Million, towards medical expenses of patients who are being treated at this hospital. The Company has previously donated a Laser Photo Coagulator and Yag Laser machine to LRBT Quetta.
- Donation to the Kidney Centre of Rs. 1 Million.
- Medicines provided to the government hospital in Hub and to 4 government dispensaries in Gadani and surrounding areas.
- Hubco also organize an annual free eye clinic, conducted by specialist eye doctors. Over 1200 out-patients were treated and well over a hundred surgeries performed.
- Hubco donated 2 ambulances in this financial year bringing the total to 6 donated ambulances for the people of Balochistan.
- This year 12th Free Eye Clinic funded by Hubco was organized in Jam Ghulam Qadir Hospital, Hub, providing an opportunity for the less privileged villagers of encatchment areas. Eye Clinic went successfully. This time 1754 patients were treated and 122 operations were carried out.
Narowal Project Area:
- The company also commenced preventive health services in the surroundings 3 villages of the Narowal Power Plant. A team consisting one lady doctor and one Lady Health Visitor (LHV) is dedicated in providing preventive health services like health education, first aid, consultation and free medicines.
- Hubco donated ambulance for the people of catchment area.